Friday, October 07, 2016

Friday Memes 10/7

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
 Name one book that scared you so badly that you couldn't finish reading it.

My Answer:
I wouldn't say scared me but Solitary by Travis Thrasher creeped me out a little and I wasn't enjoying it so I never finished it.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"I fear that our wassailing has become a nuisance." Polly Catlett slowed her steps, her toes aching in the stiff leather of her boots, the damp chill of December finally taking it's toll."
Newton and Polly by Jody Hedlund

My Thoughts
Great beginning! The use of the word wassailing is both entertaining and effective. It's a word you don't hear anymore so it clearly sets the story in an earlier time without having to say so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment