Thursday, June 23, 2016

Forever Safe by Jody Hedlund

About the Book
Race Point, Massachusetts, 1876
Will she ever be able to stop running, even when she believes she’s finally safe? Heiress to a vast fortune, Victoria Cole has everything she wants, including the perfect fiancé. Having left two other men at the altar, Victoria is sure that now she’s found her true love and will finally live happily ever after. As her wedding draws near, however, Victoria’s life is threatened. To keep her safe, Victoria’s father hires a bodyguard. Tom Cushman’s number one priority is protecting his clients, which means no personal entanglements. But he’s never guarded someone as beautiful and winsome as Victoria. After a near-kidnapping, the wedding is cancelled, and Tom hides Victoria at Cape Cod’s Race Point Lighthouse until her attacker can be found. Appointed as assistant light keeper with Victoria posing as his wife, Tom believes the isolation of the lighthouse will keep her safe. As Victoria struggles to live without familiar luxuries, her heart betrays her with growing feelings for her protector. Determined to help Tom stop fleeing from his haunted past, can the runaway bride learn to face her own fears? With the attacker closing in, will both of them ever be able to stop running and find the safety they long for?

My Thoughts
So I'll start by saying that I of course loved this book! I have yet to meet a Jody Hedlund novel that was not brilliantly amazing! I was very excited when she announced that even though her publisher wasn't interested in Victoria's story she was going to self publish it anyway! It took me a little while to find the time to read this book once I got my hands on it but when I finally started it I could barely stand to put it down! I was completely swept up into Victoria and Tom's love story from the very start of page one and I loved every second. If you've been around my blog for any amount of time you may know that I'm a sucker for marriage of convenience stories and this one had all the things I love about them. Victoria and Tom didn't get along well at all at the beginning which provided its fair share of amusement but it was also fun to watch their respect for each other grow until eventually it turned into love.
Victoria was a girl raised in the lap of luxury but I really admired how hard she worked when they went to the lighthouse cut off from civilization. She had her diva moments but she quickly accepted her reality and made the best of it. Tom had a bit of a rough exterior but he also had a kind and caring heart and would do whatever necessary to protect any and everyone around him. At first glance they were an unlikely pair but deep down they were exactly what each other needed.
I also loved Tom's parents! They were hysterical and adorable all at the same time and it was awesome!
The mystery of who was trying to sabotage the wedding, while not the main focus of the book, was still intriguing and kept me guessing until the end.

So yeah this book was absolutely wonderful and while it is the fourth in a series it could probably be read alone, though the first three were amazing to do you should probably read them all!

Meet the Author
Jody Hedlund is the author of over a dozen novels, including Love Unexpected, Captured by Love, Unending Devotion, The Preacher's Bride, and A Noble Groom, winner of the 2014 Carol Award for historical romance. She received a bachelor's degree from Taylor University and a master's from the University of Wisconsin, both in social work. She lives in Michigan with her husband and five children. She loves hearing from readers on Facebook and on her blog at www.jodyhedlund.com.

I received this an ebook copy of this book free from the author in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment