Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Memes 5/27

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Have you ever started a meme that became popular and is still in existence?

My Answer:
Nope


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Elizabeth King held her fingers against the ivory keys, refusing to stir as the final chord faded and silence descended on the parlor. Were God ever to speak to her, she imagined it would be in the precious instant after a last note died away and before an audience responded.
Through the Shadows by Karen Barnett

My Thoughts
Beautiful

3 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That's a beginning that makes you think!

I started Book Beginnings and it's still in existence. I actually started it as something I did myself -- post the opening sentence of books I was reading and someone else liked my idea and started doing it as a weekly event. When she got tired of hosting, someone else took over, and I took over from her. But it is still going. :)

And thanks for playing along this week even though I didn't have a Mr. Linky!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I love the detail in that opening. Happy reading!

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

Elizabeth said...

I haven't started a meme either.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Post a Comment