Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Top Ten Books I DNF or Didn't Want to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

5 Books I Did Not Want to Finish

#1. Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo

#2. Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble

#3. If the Shoe Fits by Sandra D. Bricker

#4. Love at Mistletoe Inn by Cindy Kirk

#5. Wife Wanted in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad

5 Books I Didn't Finish

#1. Taken by Dee Henderson

#2. A Place in His Heart by Rebecca DeMarino

#3. Echoes of Titanic by Mindy Starns Clark & John Campbell Clark

#4. Ashton Park Murray Pura

#5. Pieces of the Heart by Bonnie S. Calhoun

4 comments:

n said...

I haven't read any of these books and I have a feeling I shouldn't lol


Here's my list... 10 Reasons why I've stopped lending out books

Dina Sleiman said...

Somewhat in defense of these novels, none of which I've read, from my experience when you do a lot of writing/critiquing/editing/reviewing, it becomes harder to finish any book because you can't turn off that internal editor and it takes out much of the fun. At this point I DNF almost every book I start. If I actually make it to the end of any book that I'm reading "for pleasure," it's probably a 5+ star book. I think the only book I finished purely for pleasure this year was James Rubart's Spirit Bridge. I also enjoyed Jody Hedlund's An Uncertain Choice, which I was reading because it's a similar title in my genre. I haven't made it through any other full-length novel at all this year unless I was editing it for WhiteFire Publishing, and I've started a bunch of books.

Rissi said...

I really liked Tidewater Inn though I haven't kept up with Colleen's more recent novels. Someday I'll have to return to her lovely stories. :)

Abbi Hart said...

Endless Pages-Other people have liked them they just weren't for me!

Dina-I'm actually pretty good at just reading for fun and not over-thinking but somethings are just impossible to overlook.

Rissi-Lots of people liked it but I just had such a hard time getting through it!

Post a Comment