Thursday, September 24, 2015

Can't Let You Go by Jenny B. Jones

About the Book
An old love whose kisses make her weak, but whose secrets threaten to destroy all she holds dear...
Fresh out of college, Katie Parker had it all—a charming romance, a role in a famous stage production, and an idyllic life in London. Until she found her boyfriend cheating and got herself fired from the play. Leaving everything behind, Katie hops a plane home, only to run into her first love, Charlie Benson. As the couple returns to In Between, Katie questions everything she ever thought she wanted—including a renewed romance with her high school flame.
While she attempts to rebuild her life, Katie's plan to manage the family’s theater meets a devastating obstacle, dragging her into a legal battle that will rock her small town. And the boy who once broke her heart seems to have the power to do it again. As Charlie’s secrets unravel, Katie must make a choice. Can she overcome her past and trust Charlie with her heart again?

My Thoughts
I have been a huge fan of Jenny B. Jones from the moment I read the first sentence of one of her books. I was instantly hooked and went on to read every book she had released. Then came the waiting, the agonizingly long three years without a new book from one of my favorite authors. I literally squealed with delight when I discovered that she not only had a new book coming out but that said book was a continuation of one of her previous series that I loved! It's literally every reader's dream to have another book in a series that ended years ago! Needless to say, my expectations were high and they were all wonderfully exceeded! All of the characters that I loved were back and just as hysterically entertaining as ever! I was a little wary about the fact that Katie wasn't with the guy she was dating at the end of the previous book (a guy I really liked) but instead was rekindling her relationship with Charlie who she liked at the beginning of the series. I wasn't always Charlie's biggest fan but I should never have doubted Jenny! She made me love Charlie's character and he became the perfect guy for Katie and I couldn't imagine her with anyone else! I loved Charlie's determination to win Katie back and it was quite fun to watch it all play out! I laughed so much during this book and I had a dopey grin on my face long after I read the last page! I definitely recommend this book but you should start with the first Katie Parker book because this series is pure awesome!

Meet the Author
Award-winning author Jenny B. Jones writes romance with sass and Southern charm. Woefully indecisive, she writes YA, New Adult, and women's romance. Since she has very little free time, Jenny believes in spending her spare hours in meaningful, intellectual pursuits, such as watching bad TV, Tweeting deep thoughts to the world, and writing her name in the dust on her furniture. You can find her at www.jennybjones.com.

2 comments:

Kelly Blackwell @ Heres My Take On It said...

Great review. Thank you for sharing.

Abbi Hart said...

Kelly-Thanks!

Post a Comment