Friday, August 08, 2014

Friday Memes 8/8

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you have a pet peeve about when someone posts a comment on your blog? Example: no link back to their blog. 

My Answer:
Actually my (slight) pet peeve is the opposite of the example. I don't know why but I don't really like when people link back to their blogs. It kinda makes me feel like I have to visit. If a person's comment interests me enough that I want to check out their blog then I can usually find it pretty easily. It's not an overly big deal, just rubs me a bit wrong. Though to be honest I'm happy to get any comments with or without links!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

A girl could get killed on a job like this.
I dived out of the way as an avalanche of Tupperware fell out of Mrs. Fulbright's cupboard directly toward my head.
Be My Neat-Heart by Judy Baer

My Thoughts
Humorous beginning that set the tone perfectly for the book!

7 comments:

Katherine P said...

I agree with your pet peeve and it is generally easy to figure out where their blog is. I don't like when comments just put a link back and nothing else.

I think I have a cabinet like Mrs. Fulbright's! The trick is make it a bottom cabinet not a top one so you're not killed by plastic containers.

Kathy Martin said...

I like having links when people comment. Yes, I can probably find their blog, but why do I have to do the extra steps when I want to comment back.

I like the book beginning and can empathize. My problem isn't so much that things fall on me but that the bottoms and lids seem to never end up near each other.

Happy reading!

Juli Rahel said...

I personally prefer it when people link because I always want to stop by after a comment but I can imagine it also feels a bit like pressuring someone into visiting! And sometimes, when people have like twenty blogs it's really hard to find the one that was used to comment! Also, the beginning is so true! Tupperware is a danger to society and general health, when stacked wrong! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Elizabeth said...

I agree about no link...that is my major pet peeve.

Nice book beginning too.

LOL on the Tupuperware falling out of the cupboard. I don't have Tupperware except for a few old pieces I still use. Mine are all Dollar Store Containers. They are good, though.

Have a great weekend. My links are below.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings


http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2014/08/book-blogger-hop-88-814.html

Elizabeth said...

OOPS on the second link.


Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Kelly Blackwell @ Heres My Take On It said...

First on the Pet Peeve. I don't care if someone leaves a link or not. I prefer that they do if their comment name doesn't lead me to it. I would like to visit someone who took the time to not only visit me but also the time to read and make a thoughtful comment on my post.

I love the visual that the first sentence you shared gives. I must admit, until recently, my cupboards were like that. The storage container cupboard is the highest cupboard and I am short. It is a never ending battlefield.

Have a great day!

Abbi Hart said...

Katherine-Glad I'm not the only one! It probably would be better to store them low! Our are in the middle!

Kathy-I have that same problem a lot!

Juli-My problem is that I'm not great at commenting unless I find something in the post to relate to so I usually just don't comment back. Tupperware can be hazardous to heath!

Elizabeth-I actually am the opposite!

Kelly-I'm horrible at actually doing that.

Post a Comment