Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Top Ten Blogging Confessions

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

#1. I hate writing reviews for books I didn't love-Honestly this is probably my least favorite part of blogging. I hate giving my negative opinions about what I know is someone's heart laid out on paper. But I also want to be honest since that is what I'm agreeing to do when I receive a book for review. In the end I always write a review that I hope is tactful and that also points out the good things I saw!

#2. I am horrible at writing posts that aren't reviews or memes or otherwise structured post-My brain just freezes and I can't think of anything to say and anything I do think of sounds horrid!

#3. I'm very particular about getting my meme posts up at 12 AM sharp-Says the girl who forgot about today's post and is now over an hour late posting it! But I seriously do my dead level best to get the posted as soon as the new day starts.

#4. I'm very bad at writing and posting reviews for books from my personal collection-I'm trying to do better about getting them written-posted is another matter!

#5. I am very inconsistent with my Stacking the Shelves posts-They are some of my longer posts to get up and since I post them on Saturday's I just never feel up to it, so often weeks go by between StS posts!

#6. I request too many books to review-I'm pretty sure every book blogger does this though! There are just so many good books and authors out there and I don't want to miss any!

#7. I'm not very good at replying to comments-I've gotten better at actually replying  (though it's a bit of a hassle since I don't have threaded comments) but I still struggle with what to say.

#8. I don't like posting more than one review per day-This is just a random preference and I have had to double post a few times I'd just rather not do it!

#9. I feel like my reviews aren't detailed enough-I've read so many reviews where all these little details are talked about and then with my reviews I tend to just gush about how much I loved (or didn't love) the book without getting too specific. I wish I could write the other kind but I guess I'm just not detail oriented enough.

#10. I've waited too long to write reviews-And that is a very bad thing since I read a lot and the details get fuzzy and I end up with a mediocre review.

7 comments:

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

I always wish I'd started writing reviews earlier. That I'd started ten years ago instead of a year and a half ago.
Cora @ Tea Party Princess

Anonymous said...

Numbers 6-8 are definitely me! I just have now gotten better at number 6 and like you am slowly improving on number 7! I think your reviews are great how they are! I actually don't like too many details mentioned about the book!

Dawn Janis said...

I totally agree with you on #1!

Rina's Reading said...

Totally agree on #6 (too many review books). And on #2 to the point where I don't even try. Thanks for the inspiration for #8, I added it to my TTT list. :-)

Abbi Hart said...

Cora-Yeah I wish I'd have begun earlier too!

Laura-Thank you!

Dawn- :)

Rina- No problem!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I gave up on Stacking the Shelves and similar memes a long time ago! I'm just no good at being organised. This is true for most of the blogging I do. I'd like to be able to follow a schedule, but if a post doesn't "write itself" (which only the spontaneous or semi-spontaneous ones do), then it's going to be mediocre or won't even manage to get published.

Abbi Hart said...

Enbrethiliel-It can be a bit difficult to keep up with it all!

Post a Comment