Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Memes 2/28

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Have you stopped accepting books from either authors or publishers to try to catch up? If not, do you think you would ever do that?

My Answer:
I haven't done that nor do I think I ever will! I typically have little to no spending money so reviewing books is the only way I can get all of the books I want to read and if I stopped I would miss out on so many books! Yes I have been swamped with books (like right now for instance) but I am a fast reader so it doesn't take me too long to catch up as long as I'm in a reading mood!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"They're ready for you, Miss Rourke." Ciddah looked up at the enforcer and took a deep breath. She hugged her CompuChart and stood from her seat on the bench, wobbling on her stilettos.
Captives by Jill Williamson

My Thoughts
Pretty good beginning! It's a prologue so it doesn't suck you into the story right away but you can definitely tell that it is set in the future!

10 comments:

Cataluna6 said...

I wish I had more time to read! Although if I'm enjoying a book I read it faster. At this stage, I don't get a lot of review books though. Here's my answer

Happy Hopping & have a great weekend :)

Abbi Hart said...

Cataluna6-Yeah I have a lot of reading time which I'm trying to enjoy while I have it since I know it won't last long! I tend to read faster if I'm enjoying a book too! Thanks!

Vonnie said...

Accepting review books has been my way of getting new books. I too am super broke :(

My Post

Abbi Hart said...

Vonnie-Sorry to hear that! Isn't it great that there is a way for us broke book lovers to still get the books we want to read?!

MikiHope said...

I am in the same boat as you are--I am an avid reader with no funds! Accepting and reviewing books has been quite the money saver for me.

Abbi Hart said...

MikiHope-Yeah I can't imagine how I would afford the books I want to read without getting them for review!

Elizabeth said...

Great you can catch up with your reviews.

I don't think I will stop either. :) Too much fun.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth- :) Yeah!

Mo_books said...

Its nice that you're able to read fast and are able to get through your book pile quickly.
Here's my answer
http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/book-blogger-hop-have-you-stopped.html

Have a great weekend!

Abbi Hart said...

Monique-It is nice! I hope you have a great weekend too!

Post a Comment