Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Memes 1/17

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you blog for a living or for fun?

My Answer:
I'd say a little of both! Since I really don't have a steady job I don't often have extra money to just spend on books and definitely not hot of the press books, so reviewing books gives me the chance to get books I never could get otherwise. In that way I "do it for a living" but in reality I do it mainly because I have fun!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

So help me, if I get caught tonight, Peggy Pankow's name is "Mud." Susannah Grace Kennedy braced herself against the cool of the salty sea air-and her guilt-and hurried down the dark street toward Revere Beach, almost regretting she'd let her new friend talk her into sneaking out of the house.
A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman
  My Thoughts
So my first thought was how this would be just how I'd be thinking if I decided to do something I wasn't supposed to-afraid I was going to be caught, feeling guilty, and second guessing my decision! 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great answer!!

Katelynn
www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

gautami tripathy said...

I like the beginning....

Here is my post

Elizabeth said...

That is a good way to think about it. Getting books for review is like getting a bit of income. GREAT POST.

Love the book beginning.

Have a great weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

My Book Beginnings

Unknown said...

Terrific answer. Yes buying new books gets expensive. Check out my answer to this weeks question here: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2014/01/book-blogger-hop-011714.html

Abbi Hart said...

Katelynn-Thanks!

gautami-It is a pretty great beginning! Thanks!

Elizabeth-Thanks!

Carol-Thank you! Yes they can!

JC Jones said...

I like your answer about blogging. Mine would be similar. So would how I felt if I had sneaked out of the house at night. Click here to go to Mixed Book Bag

Abbi Hart said...

JC-Cool!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Those are great opening sentences. The author tells us that something out of the ordinary is about to happen and it's something risky. I'd HAVE to read more!
Here's the link to my Friday post: BETWEEN LONESOME AND TEXAS.

Abbi Hart said...

Sandra-I had to read more too!

Alysia said...

Great answer. Blogging is fun

Abbi Hart said...

Alysia-Yes it is!

Rose said...

That is exactly how I would feel! Good beginning.

Abbi Hart said...

Rose-Thanks!

Post a Comment