Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Memes 7/19



The Question:
What is your favorite classic novel?

My Answer:
I haven't read an overabundance of classic novels but I'd say my favorites are probably The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and The Chronicles of Narnia.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"Shhhh. Somebody's coming." Liberty Holloway cocked her head toward the window as the muffled rhythm of hoofbeats rose above the drumming rain. "Rebels?" The word sat, bitter, on her tongue as her fists sank deeper into the bread dough she'd been kneading. They'd taken enough from her already, long before a single Confederate soldier had set foot in the North. Were they now here to raid her property as well?

My Thoughts
Great beginning! Really draws you in immediately and leaves you with so many questions!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

It does leave you with many questions (your book beginning).

I agree with The Hobbit and LOTR being great classics. I've only read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe out of the Narnia series. I think I've read this a little too late because I was not hooked enough to read the rest of the series.

My Friday Hops

Elizabeth said...

The Hobbit was good.

My favorite is Rebecca.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Post a Comment