Friday, June 07, 2013

Friday Memes 6/7



The Question:
What is your favorite trilogy?

My Answer:
Well since most series these days are trilogies this question is a little harder. Some of my favorite authors who have trilogies are (My favorite trilogy of theirs is in parentheses): Susan May Warren (Team Hope), Mary Connealy(Montana Marriages), Irene Hannon (Guardian's of Justice), and Jenny B. Jones (The Charmed Life & A Katie Parker Production).


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Let innocence be your mask. Winter Reeves swished her ivory lace fan and gave Colonel Fairchild the same practiced smile she always did. She squelched the response that wanted to escape, forbade her eyes from so much as flashing. Perhaps her gaze wandered, but he would only think her bored. He thought her very easily bored.
Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White

My Thoughts
A very intriguing beginning! I love how you can tell that she's really rather smart but is just playing the simple girl. Th way it's written is very beautiful too!

9 comments:

Billy Burgess said...

Susan May Warren and Mary Connealy are great authors.

Kathryn T said...

I am not familiar with any of these authors I must look a few of them up.

Elizabeth said...

I usually do not read series. I am going to check out the ones you have listed above. THANKS for sharing.

Happy Hopping!!

Check out the giveaway for THE LAST CAMELLIA by Sarah Jio when you visit.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer


Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...

Oh, I like the beginning of "Ring of Secrets!" The good LORD willing, I plan to read it someday.

Grace

Julie said...

I haven't heard of any of your series, but I DO like your book beginning - sounds like a lovely romance! Thanks for introducing me to a new Friday meme as well!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Good beginning! And now you have me thinking of favorite trilogies. I want to go ponder . . .

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

Unknown said...

Abbi I'm not really familiar with any of the series' that you mentioned :( Will check it out though :)

My Friday Hop

Have a great weekend!

Meredith said...

I am adding so many to my reading shelf! Happy Book Blogger Hop!

Post a Comment