Sunday, February 17, 2013

Know Me Better 2/17

Every week Kathy from I Am A Reader Not A Writer posts five questions from her author interview lists and asks us to answer them.


Pieces of Advice you have for aspiring writers?
As a reader I have three major things that will immediately close a book for me and they are: Head-hopping (when you switch POV without any clear break), too much description (if you spend three paragraphs describing a room I'm going to get bored), and lastly, not using the proper balance of a person's name and the pronoun (i.e. Meg loved reading it was Meg's favorite thing to do. If Meg could pick one thing to do for the rest of her life, Meg would pick reading.). So my advice would be to not do those!

Favorite TV show when you were younger?
We didn't actually watch too much TV when I was younger but my favorite was Veggie Tales. I still love them and get excited when a new one releases. I also quote them like crazy and know pretty much all the words to all the songs!

What would we find if we looked under your bed?
I have what is called a "Captain's Bed" which means it has storage underneath. Mine has four drawers and a cupboard and I have clothes, notebooks/puzzle books, presents, shoe, and my finished journals.

Book Store or Library?
Book store. Our library has a pitiful selection of Christian books and I'd prefer to own the books anyway!

Heads or Tails?
Heads-I don't know why but I almost always pick heads!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love those Captain Beds, but probably wouldn't be great for a hoarder like me :(

My KMB

Post a Comment