Friday, November 09, 2012

Book Blogger Hop: Cover Buying

Book Blogger Hop
Hosted this week by: The Fake Steph

This Week's Question:
Is there a book series that you’re not totally into, but still keep buying new releases because you love the covers?

My Answer:
Not really. I do love pretty covers but if I'm not loving a series I won't purchase any more of the books. The closest thing I can think of is the Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elizabeth Stengl. I'm not much of a fantasy girl but the covers were so gorgeous, that I signed up to review the fourth book. Meaning of course, that I had to read books 1-3. I read the first one and while the writing was good and the plot well executed, it was completely not my type of book. So I was stuck not loving a series but needing to read them. Thankfully though, my little sis just started the first one and is loving it so she might handle the reading/reviewing of that series freeing me up to read books that are more in my wheelhouse. 

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

I am very picky when it comes to fantasy because I don't always enjoy it. Though I have come across a few that I simply love in the fantasy genre. Also, many fantasy books have gorgeous covers.

My answer

Elizabeth said...

You are like me....I like the covers too. :)

I normally do not read a series.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-blogger-hop-119-1115.html

collettakay said...

I used to HAVE to read all the prior books in a series in order to read later books, but I think I've overcome that. I like to be able to write in my review if I think the book is a good stand-alone or if I think it would be better having read the whole series.

Post a Comment